24. Describe a time when you needed to search for an information


24. Describe a time when you needed to search for an information

You should say:

What information did you need to search for?

When you searched for it?

Where you searched for it?

And explain why you needed to search for it?



Model Answer 1:


Well, being a curious person, I am always curious to know more about something on the internet whenever I see something interesting on the internet or somewhere else. 

However, here I would like to talk about a time when I needed to search for information on the Internet.

  
 
What information did you need to search for:

The information was about the courses that are present in Canadian colleges and gave me better career opportunities.


 

When you searched for:

After completing 12th grade, I plan to go to Canada for my higher studies. So, it was very important for me to know about the courses that are available at the universities and are best for my career. So, in the beginning, I went to many consultancies with my mother, but I did not feel satisfied there as they gave me only limited options or didn't provide full information about it, like how much it cost to study it.

Then, one day, I went to my mother's friend's house, and there I met her friend's son, who advised me. Instead of going to consultancies, I should search for the courses on the internet or on YouTube. He got a Canada visa, so I obeyed him. Apart from that, he also suggested a website, idp.com.


 

Where you searched for it:

At that time I had no laptop, so I used my mobile phone and searched about it on Google, and using that website, which provides all the information like which courses are best to study in Canadian Universities, the website mentions specifically courses in colleges with further job opportunities as well.


 

Why you needed to search for it:

This information proves helpful for me, as my whole career depends on which course I choose for my higher studies. Apart from that, I also want to get an idea of fees so that I don't face any further difficulty during my studies.

So, all in all, that was a time when I needed to search for information.



Model Answer 2:


In today's competitive world, people constantly look for information. And the best resource for collecting information on any topic is the internet.

However, here I would like to talk about a time when I needed to search for information on the Internet. 




When you searched for:

I vividly remembered that a few months before, I had successfully completed my senior secondary examination. I received an occasional gift of cash from my father.

After getting it, I felt on top of the world. I then made the decision to utilize that money to fulfill a dream of mine and purchase a brand new two-wheeler for commuting.


 

What information did you need to search for:

To be quite honest, I knew nothing about cars. I began to search for information regarding two-wheelers at that time by looking it up online.


 

Where you searched for it:

I researched a lot about it on several websites, including those that discussed its price, color, breaks, mileage, and reviews.

There were also several images and videos of specific models. In a few videos, people have discussed various two-wheeler models, offered their opinions, and provided personal experiences.


 

Why you needed to search for it:

I was able to gather enough knowledge from the internet to make the decision to buy a Honda Activa 6G for commuting.

I purchased a brand-new white scooter a few days after making my selection, and it is wonderful. I was in seventh heaven when I took to the road for the first time.

In addition, my father was pleased with me for using the money to buy a good item rather than using it to attend a party or hang out with friends.

So, all in all, that was a time when I needed to search for information.



Follow-up Questions 


Here are some examples of follow-up questions that the examiner can ask you during your speaking part 3 related to the cue card: "Describe a time when you needed to search for an information."


 

1. How can people search for information now?

Smartphones, in my opinion, are the ideal tool for searching for information anywhere and anytime. They only need to type a few words into the Google search bar, and they can instantly access hundreds of documents and videos related to the material they need.


                                        OR


Today, there are many ways to search for information. The first is Google; you can simply go there, type in whatever you're looking for, and it will give you results in a matter of seconds. In addition, there are libraries, where there are a large number of books; anyone can go there and find a book related to whatever information they need, and it will be there.


 

2. What information can people get from television?

Although it can be referred to as an idiot box and is primarily used for pleasure, I think viewing television may help people learn a lot about the world and broaden their general knowledge if they choose the correct channels.


                                      OR


People have access to a wealth of information on news, entertainment, and events in sports, business, medical, and fashion both locally and globally. People receive news and other information from television, which is a crucial medium for broadcasting information around the globe.



3. Do you think libraries are still important in the digital age?

Yes, I believe that libraries still play a crucial role in our society. Libraries not only give readers access to thousands of excellent books at once, but they also offer a serious and focused reading atmosphere that is difficult to find elsewhere.


 

4. Does the development of the internet have any impact on some disadvantaged people?

Yes, innovations like the Internet definitely helped those in need, particularly those from lower socioeconomic origins. They have been able to pick up new skills for free, and it has also given them chances to increase their income by expanding their customer base.

For instance, a part-time taxi driver who previously could only transport a small number of passengers from a specific area or stand can now transport more passengers.

Post a Comment

0 Comments