39. Describe a person who inspired you to do something interesting


39. Describe a person who inspired you to do something interesting

You should say:

Who is the person?

For what he or she inspired?

Why was he or she inspired?

And Explain how you felt about it.

 

 

Model Answer 1: 


Our role models inspire and motivate us. They encourage us to pursue our goals and motivate us to keep going through difficulties. To live a successful life, one needs positive role models. Typically, we find inspiration in our families, sports stars, businesses, and local, national, and international leaders. Their hardships and life experiences have been extremely helpful.

 


Who the person is:

Here, I would like to talk about my friend Richard, who inspired me to do something interesting.

He passed the civil service exam about a year ago, and I greatly inspired him for it. His hard work and dedication should serve as an example to everyone studying for the civil service.

 


For what he or she inspired:

He always wanted to serve the country, and since he was a young boy, he had stories to tell me about the respect and responsibilities of IAS officers. He started his studies in his first year of college because he had always desired to work in the administration as a high-ranking official. He also gave time for bachelor's students to read for the civil service. For three years, he never missed reading at the library. This commitment was extremely motivating. He studied newspapers, history books, magazines, and other materials in addition to practicing mathematics every day.

 


Why he or she was inspired:

He missed a lot of college events because he wanted to be an officer. Without missing anything, he focused all of his efforts in one direction, ignoring everything that mattered. I studied with him and participated in a competition, passing it. He used to study every evening and would constantly teach me mathematics and general knowledge. We used to talk about lots of global concerns and subjects. I passed my exam due in large part to the brainstorming I did.

  


How did you feel about it:

I am really glad and grateful for him today because he achieved his dream and now works for the Indian government. In a very respectable job. I also got a decent job. When I go to work and serve my country, I can sense the respect and obligation of duty.

So, all in all, that is a person who inspired me to do something interesting.




Model Answer 2:



Well, inspiration is something that most individuals need, and if they get it from the right person at the right moment, then they achieve great things.

 


Who the person is:

And here, I would definitely share my experience when I was inspired by my father.

 


For what he or she inspired:

My father inspired me to learn about money management.


 

Why he inspired you:

Well, during the 11th grade, I lived in Delhi for my studies. So, there I lived in P.G., and my father transferred me some money into my account to pay rent, bills, food, and for my studies. He gave me 20,000 rupees a month. 

In the beginning, I spent a lot of money on entertaining myself, like going to the cinema twice or three times a week and eating mostly junk food rather than food that was prepared at my P.G.

So, after some days, nearly all of my money had run out and I had left only 2–3 K, and I had to pay my electricity bill as well. So, I called my father and asked him to send some more money to me, and then he asked me where I spent all of my money. So, I told him the truth, and he really got angry at me and scolded me.

And later, he told me about the importance of money and explained to me that the future is unpredictable, so we should save some money. Apart from that, he also told me how I can manage my money by investing, saving, and spending it systematically.

   


How did you feel about it:

After that time, I started to save some money and also reduced my extra expenses. Recently, I gifted a new mobile phone to my father on his birthday from my savings, and my father was really happy after receiving it.

This skill is really useful in my life today as well, because now I spend money systematically and invest some money in the stock market as well. 

I am really thankful to him. 

So, all in all, that is a person who inspired me to do something interesting.



Follow-up Questions


Here are some examples of follow-up questions that the examiner can ask you during your speaking part 3 related to the cue card: "Describe a person who inspired you to do something interesting."

 


1. Who motivates children the most?

In my opinion, the most effective early motivators for kids are their parents and teachers. Children naturally look up to them since they are role models for them. When they become older, children start idolizing actors and athletes, who can also inspire them.

 


2. How can teachers motivate students?

Children can be motivated by their teachers when they support them, appreciate their efforts, set achievable targets, and give them the freedom to be curious and problem-solve. 

 


3. How is it different from teaching kids?

Without motivation, students will not learn efficiently, and academic performance cannot be improved by teaching alone. Unmotivated students might disrupt the entire class, but motivated students are more eager to participate in class.

 


4. What should teenagers have?

Teenagers frequently engage in risky behavior because they want to be liked and valued by their friends. Parents may encourage kids to stay motivated and complete their goals by being supportive and spending time talking to them. Parents must supervise their children while also respecting their independence.


                                      OR


Teenagers should have an optimistic perspective on the world and respect for elders, tradition, and culture. Children ought to value their surroundings and have decent manners, among other qualities.

Post a Comment

0 Comments