36. Describe something you taught to your friend/relative


36. Describe something you taught your friend or relative

You should say:

What have you taught him or her?

When was it?

How long was it?

And explain how you felt about it.




Model Answer 1:


Teaching is a good way to share knowledge and skills with those around us.

And here, I would like to talk about a time when I taught my friend how to make a pasta dish.


 

What you taught him/her:

I taught my friend how to prepare a delicious meal. I had learned the basics of cooking on my own, and my friend could also gain something from mastering these techniques. Sharing something I enjoyed doing with someone else would be lovely.

We ended up cooking a traditional Italian dish. Our pasta dish included a tomato and basil sauce. It was simple but delicious. I had learned how to make the dish in a cooking class I had taken a few months before. I couldn't wait to tell a friend about this knowledge.

I provided my friend with the necessary ingredients and preparation instructions. I showed him how to adjust the quantities of the components and combine them to make the sauce. I also demonstrated to him how to prepare pasta to the proper consistency.


 

When it was:

About a month ago, I showed my friend the fundamentals of making this Italian dish. We had a free weekend, so it would be a perfect chance to spend time together and acquire new knowledge. We made sure to block out a few hours so that we could study the procedures carefully and without interruptions.


 

How long it was for:

It didn't take too long for the cooking lesson. The entire process took us almost two hours to finish. This includes the time needed to prepare the food, cook the meal, and then sit down to eat it as a group.

 


How you felt about it:

I enjoyed introducing my friends to something new. The chance to connect with my friend and do something we both love was fantastic. It was incredibly wonderful to watch my friend become excited as he learned the fundamentals of cooking.

So, all in all, that is the thing I taught my friend.



Model Answer 2:


I feel satisfied and grateful that I have contributed to society when I share knowledge and information. I never refuse to help someone who asks for it, and I always feel happy to do it.

Here I am going to talk about the photography that I taught my cousin.

 


When it was:

Last year, during the summer vacation, my younger cousin's brother visited my place for a short time. At that time, I took a photography course at JD Studio.


 

What you taught him or her:

He was curious about learning more about photography and the equipment that is required for professional photography. I helped him resolve all of his skill-related questions. I conducted an online course on the internet, got him a high-quality DSLR camera, and taught him manual operation and the use of light in photography.


 

How long it was for:

It took about a week. We took a lot of walks around the area and took some pictures. I instructed him on camera settings and framing. Using every feature, we took images. After a week, he appeared confident in his new abilities.


 

How you felt about it:

I was happy to have been able to assist him. Together, we had a wonderful time. He is a great man. I had a great time teaching him. I had to work hard and teach him everything in detail because of his interest.

So, all in all, that is the thing I taught my younger cousin's brother.

 

 

Follow-up Questions


Here are some examples of follow-up questions that the examiner can ask you during your speaking part 3 related to the cue card: "Describe something you taught your friend or relative."


 

1. What are the things that young people can teach old people to do?

I believe they are capable of teaching them anything they excel at. However, if I had to choose one item in particular, it would be technology use, such as knowing how to use computer software, applications, and mobile phone functions.


 

2. What skills can young people teach the old besides technology?

I believe we can teach them how to adapt and change. Older individuals tend to be fearful and adverse to change, but these things are essential to surviving in the modern world. They could also instruct kids on how to take chances.


 

3. Why do older people have problems learning new things?

It seems to be a memory issue. I believe that as people age, their memories become worse and they begin to forget things. For instance, my mother occasionally forgets the earlier steps when I am teaching her. But after I say it a few times, she starts to understand.


 

4. Do you think showing is a better way than telling during education?

No doubt. Things we see are simpler to recall. We have much better visual memory, although I'm not sure why. Furthermore, as words can be used in many different ways, there may be misconceptions when anything is said.


 

5. Do you think constant training is important for people to study something?

In truth, success comes from practice. I recall seeing a video once that claimed someone could become an expert at anything after putting in around 1200 hours of practice. I completely agree. Because she uses Microsoft Word so frequently now, she is more knowledgeable about it than I was when I first taught my mother how to use it.

 

 

                                   OR



Absolutely. Continuous training is always crucial when we are learning or studying something. With the right instruction and supervision, we can learn something better and perform it without error, so I think training is crucial when learning something in depth.


                   

6. How can the young teach the old? 

Showing people how to do something rather than telling them what to do is, in my opinion, the better course of action. The elderly require a little more time, so young people need to be patient when instructing them.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments